Friday, August 14, 2009

Linen skirt for Mom





Book:  Natural Layered Style Clothes, pg 17 
Size:  There is only one adult size included in this book and I believe it is a M
Fabric:  Linen

Please note that if I look a bit top heavy in the first picture it is because I'm just about 18 weeks along with my 7th baby, this skirt was to fill a immediate need for something to fit.  That being said I was very shocked that I had to trim 6" total from the skirt.  If I was not expecting I'm sure I would have trimmed probably double that.  I do like the style and length though and will probably make another.  

The one thing I changed was the waist band.  I added a separate casing and used the widest elastic I could find 3" because I don't like the way tight narrow elastic feels on a growing belly.  In addition I also exposed the bottom seam and left the hem raw because you can do that when fabric is cut on the bias.


Oh yeah, I also love the little hang tags I picked up from The Fabric Fairy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails