Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Facing finishing technique

I can only take so many serged edges. With this technique your finished garment will be just as neat and clean on the inside as the out, and it is really quite simple.

1. Sew the shoulder seams of the facing fabric and interfacing separately, right sides together. Don't press the interfacing seam open if you are using fusible.


2.  Right sides together sew the outside edge of the facing fabric to the interfacing.  I use a 1/8" seam allowance to eliminate the need for trimming and clipping.


3.  Turn right side out.


4.  Press down in place.
   

5.  Now ready to attach to the neckline.

1 comment:

  1. I have always wondered how people serge around the curvy little things. Now I know. Keep the techniques coming. I can't wait to see what this turns into.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails