Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Winter coat for Kai - Oliver and S, school days jacket and coat

Although Oliver and S isn't a Japanese company, Alison and I thought that people who follow this blog would appreciate their patterns.



Kai is so happy he finally got his coat that he wore it all day until dinner time. He says it is the fuzziness of the lining.


Pattern: Oliver and S, school days jacket and coat (link to the pattern here)
Their blog had great fabric suggestions for their patterns. I have bought two more patterns from them, and can't wait to get to work. Here is a Flickr group where you can see what other people have made using Oliver and S patterns.

Size: 4
Kai took after his father, and is very lean. Although he will be five in May, the measurements suggested I make a four. I am glad I did.

Fabric:
outer- thick dark denim with some stretch (Wal-mart, $3/yard) I should have bought the rest of the bolt. It was sold out when I went back. That was after I washed what I bought and decided I really liked it.

lining- thick fleece (the kind you see on sporty pull-overs) This one came from a fleece warehouse in seattle that has since closed. Since I wasn't sewing much back when Scott's sister took me there, I just picked up a kitchen garbage bag sized remnant bag for $10. I am proud to say that the piece I used for this coat was the last piece of that bag, and now it is all gone. It only took me 11 years and 9 moves.
lining for the hood- fine wale corduroy from the RS closet clean-out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails