Book: Lockstitch baby, style #7 & #15
Size: 70 cm
What I love most about Japanese patterns is the simplicity of the design and construction. The fit is usually good but in the case of the robe I believe it was a bit off so I had to make some adjustments. Again I discovered that in these books any garment not photographed on a live human tends to have an fitting issue. Here is what it looked like before the adjustment:
I believe it was way too wide. Since I decided to line to the edge I simply top stitched through both layers and made a casing for elastic to pull in the sides. And I think it looks quite pretty now. Here is the back:
Since I made the pants before I know they are a great fit. I just had trouble with the hemline stretching out a bit. Also I forgot to reinforce the snaps and had to unpick them and fuse some squares of fabric underneath to prevent the snaps from tearing out of the knit.
And because I love cute Japanese design I had to throw in some cute little Japanese tights in with the outfit.