Thursday, January 27, 2011

Baby robe and pants


Book:  Lockstitch baby, style #7 & #15
Size:  70 cm
Fabric:  Knit

What I love most about Japanese patterns is the simplicity of the design and construction.  The fit is usually good but in the case of the robe I believe it was a bit off so I had to make some adjustments.  Again I discovered that in these books any garment not photographed on a live human tends to have an fitting issue.  Here is what it looked like before the adjustment:



I believe it was way too wide.  Since I decided to line to the edge I simply top stitched through both layers and made a casing for elastic to pull in the sides.  And I think it looks quite pretty now.  Here is the back:


Since I made the pants before I know they are a great fit.  I just had trouble with the hemline stretching out a bit.  Also I forgot to reinforce the snaps and had to unpick them and fuse some squares of fabric underneath to prevent the snaps from tearing out of the knit.

And because I love cute Japanese design I had to throw in some cute little Japanese tights in with the outfit.

3 comments:

  1. The suit turned out great!! And the cute label ties it all together, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, MY NAME IS ERICKA, I LIVE IN MEXICO, CITY, I HAVE A HANDCRAFT BLOG, IM LOOKING FOR JAPANESE FELT MAGAZINES, SO I HOPE YUO CAN HELP ME, SO THANKS SO MUCH.
    MY BLOG IS
    kika-kreativarte.blogspot.com

    your blog is so pretty
    congrats¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I'm your newest follower. I'd love it if you would follow me too.
    http://whatsherrymadetoday.blogspot.com.au/
    Do you have a link to this book? I'd love to buy a copy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails