Friday, September 25, 2009

Tunic and Leggings




Book:  Everyday Girl Clothes style #4, Everyday bottoms style X 
Size:  90 cm
Fabric:  Cotton flannel gingham, rib knit
I love this Holly Hobby look on the girls - it keeps them little for now at least.


I didn't get a good picture of the leggings but I used the same yoga pants pattern as these pants except I cut down the bottom flare so now they are more of a legging.  The bottoms were finished with the ruffle technique that was suggested for style A in the same book.  Basically it is 5 rows of rolled hem with my differential feed setting set to 2.  I always forget the rolled hem setting so here is a good reminder.  I'm still struggling with the fact that this pattern uses the same crotch curve for front and back.  I've decided my girls have a bit more flesh on their behinds than the average Japanese child.  To make up for it I just cut down the 1.5" from center front then gradually tapered it up to center back, this gave me more length in the back so the waist would stay even around the tummy.


One more funny thing about the leggings.  I measured the girls for elastic right after they both ate a huge bowl of lentils.  Needless to say the waist may be a bit big on an average day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails